Fine-Tuning Your Practice - Side Stretch
Our student on the left doesn't look very comfortable. It looks like she is creating tension instead of releasing it leading her to see red because her:
- Elbow is locked
- Shoulder is pushed up to the ear
- Top arm is reaching out in front
The image on the right is much better! Our student is opening up along the one side without crushing everything on the other side.
- Her elbow has a small bend in it.
- Her shoulder is relaxed away from her ear.
- Her top arm is reaching up, shoulder is open, and stacked over her hip.